I Made Mittens!

They're
Hermione's Cable and Bobble Mittens, to match the Hatmione. I swear, the Harry Potter knitting is now over. I actually chose these patterns because I liked them, not because they were Harry Potter. These are the first mittens I've made, and I'm pretty happy with the way they came out. For some reason, I ended up knitting the thumbs backwards, and I can't figure out why. The pattern said use all knits, but I had to use all purls to get it to work out. Oh well, it worked, and it looks normal.
6 comment(s):
Is this a secret knitting blog that you're starting over here? The mittens look great, as do the hats!
By
Anonymous, at
11 January, 2006 15:09
That's it exactly, Katie! A secret knitting blog.
no, it's just a knitting blog, because I decided that maybe people on my regular blog wouldn't be super interested in the knitting bits. But I'll put a link up to entice people over here whenever I post something new here (not sure how often that will be)
Thanks for the compliments!
By
Genevieve, at
11 January, 2006 15:20
I love them! My knitting is coming along, I finally mastered the purl stich. I even did a cable! Now I started some baby booties, but I'm stuck in the middle, I don't understand what the directions are telling me :O
By
Amie, at
11 January, 2006 17:44
Those mittens are so cute. I didn't even realize you were on a Harry Potter theme. Do you have a Narnia-themed project as well? :)
By
Amy M., at
11 January, 2006 18:01
Amie, do you need help? Email me the part of the pattern you're having trouble with and I'll try to explain it.
Amy, thanks! I know, it's weird that it's Harry Potter, but apparently, the patterns were based on something Hermione wears in Prisoner of Azkaban. I haven't done any Narnia knitting, but there is a whole group of people doing Mr Tumnus scarves and Lucy sweaters etc. from the movie. Funny!
By
Genevieve, at
11 January, 2006 23:25
Mr Tumnus scarves? How cute :D
I may take you up on that offer of help soon.
By
Amie, at
12 January, 2006 19:53
Post a comment
<< Home