1 Sock down, 1 to Go

I changed my plan for the Knitting Olympics. I decided to make my first! pair of socks ever instead of the sweater. This is sock number one. I started it on Friday, during the Olympics Opening Ceremony, and I finished it last night. Since it is my first pair of socks, I decided to buy cheaper yarn, as I wasn't sure how it would turn out. The yarn is Lion Brand Magic Stripes (75% wool, 25% nylon) and the pattern is the pattern that came with the yarn. I don't love the yarn, but I am happy with the way the sock came out, and now I know I can make socks. Next time, nicer yarn. Anyone have any favorites?
4 comment(s):
Was it hard to make? I think it looks great.
By
Amie, at
15 February, 2006 11:08
Thanks, Amie! It was surprisingly easy. I was scared of the heel, but I got it on the first try.
By
Genevieve, at
15 February, 2006 11:11
I'm going to try and fit in learning to knit socks this coming winter. I'm not sure about wearing them though - I never wear wool or wool-blend socks. Maybe I could wear cotton socks underneath?!
By
Paisley, at
16 February, 2006 00:06
hum... maybe you could find cotton sock yarn? I would be interested in that too -- I don't have a ton of use for wool socks myself!
By
Genevieve, at
16 February, 2006 09:33
Post a comment
<< Home