Princess Genevieve Knits

12.10.06

Socks for a Small Child


These are some kids' socks I made for my friend Erin's new baby. I don't know if the baby has been born yet, so I don't know his name. Erin has already seen one of the socks, though, so it's safe to post about them. I thought they might fit her older child, Ben, but she said they would probably be too small. This way, the new baby can grow in to them.

The pattern was Opal Kid's Sock, and I used leftover Lana Grossa sock yarn from my sister's birthday socks. There's still a little bit left - going in to the pile for either tiny baby socks or a multi-patterned sock!

9 comment(s):

Hmmm...they just might fit Dennis...

By Blogger Mama, at 12 October, 2006 11:32  

oh, it's a great pattern - very easy!

By Blogger Genevieve, at 12 October, 2006 11:35  

Hey Princess :)
It's me... your sockret pal... I'm sorry, but I'm traveling and I totally do not remember the secret e-mail address I created for you (see, my puter alwazs remembers those kinds of things for me LOL). I was going to e-mail ya, but gee, guess I'll have to pester you by putting comments on your blog LOL. Once I'm home again, I'll get in touch with ya!!!!
Cheers Your Sockret Pal

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12 October, 2006 14:28  

hi Sockret Pal! Hope you're having a nice time!

By Blogger Genevieve, at 12 October, 2006 14:39  

love the colors - and your bedspread. addie's feet are just about big enough for her to debut your socks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12 October, 2006 18:40  

love the socks. Kid's socks are so much fun to knit - they're so quick.

By Blogger Paisley, at 12 October, 2006 19:43  

Sarah, I cannot wait to see Miss A in those socks - I do love the colors of those socks a lot! I still have quite a bit of that yarn so I should do more with it. And, thanks! I like the bedspread too :-)

P, I agree! I love kids socks for just that reason. Plus, I love being able to use up the ends of the sock yarn - nothing to waste!

By Blogger Genevieve, at 12 October, 2006 22:21  

They are so cute!

By Blogger Amie, at 14 October, 2006 11:20  

thanks, Amie!

By Blogger Genevieve, at 15 October, 2006 12:30  

Post a comment

<< Home