Arm Warmers

Just what everyone needs in July, wool arm warmers! I made these this weekend with the Noro that my SP8 sent me. Thanks again, SP8, I love the Noro. In fact, I may be addicted.

The pattern is one that she suggested, the Hurry Up Spring armwarmers from
Stitch & Bitch Nation. I used size 7 needles. After being stuck on socks for so long, I'd forgotten how quickly things can knit up with bigger needles. Wow, a finished product in just a weekend! Awesome. I used just a little more than one skein. The photo in the book has the colors matching, but I don't really match stripes like that, so mine look totally different. I like it. I also couldn't get the chart to work backwards, I did it forwards for both and just flipped the thumb. And I made the top a bit shorter than the pattern called for, as my hands are small.
7 comment(s):
Nifty spify! I've got a bit of Noro in the stash that I'm waiting to find the perfect pattern for. Could it be arm warmers?
By
Anonymous, at
17 July, 2006 17:37
Katie, I highly recommend the arm warmers! Super fast, easy, cute, and useful.
By
Genevieve, at
18 July, 2006 08:50
Great choice for the yarn - they turned out beautiful!
I was in a bit of a panic these last few days, thinking SP8 ended this month. Imagine my relief when I remembered that I have an entire month to finish off your last package! I plan on sending it in August, I hope you´ll like it!
your SP
By
Anonymous, at
19 July, 2006 05:46
I'm sure I'll love it! Can't wait.
By
Genevieve, at
19 July, 2006 09:01
Very cool, indeed! I have to do something on bigger needles- I haven't made something on anything bigger than 4mm (dunno what that is in American)in months, which is why there are no pictures on my site of finished objects! Love the Noro- perhaps I'll use the gorgeous Noro you sent so long ago!
By
Anonymous, at
03 August, 2006 14:28
thanks, Jen! And I can't wait to see what your Noro becomes.
By
Genevieve, at
04 August, 2006 08:30
8 months ago i tried to figure out that bloody pattern for a friend, and i couldn't do it, it just Wouldn't work! i was using Noro, so i endd up making some with little cables all over instead.
hehe, i know who you are! also, i speak french as my maternal family are all quebecois, and my mother wanted to name me genevieve avec un accent, but i ended up melanie instead!
By
Melanie, at
19 August, 2006 11:56
Post a comment
<< Home