Princess Genevieve Knits

21.11.06

Soaring Eagles Hats

I made two hats over the weekend for the Soaring Eagles Project.


I used the MarLen yarn I bought in Prague for both hats. The yarn is 100% bavlna which I'm pretty sure is cotton. This one is a basic cable pattern. It came out a little smaller than I was anticipating, but it's for a kid, so I think it will be OK. It should fit a kindergartener or someone small.
And this is a basic hat, size child. I really like the way this one came out. The yarn is super soft, especially for cotton, and I got both hats out of one skein with a bit left over.

I started a third hat out of a different (also MarLen) yarn, too. Hopefully I will finish that up this weekend and get them mailed off.

4 comment(s):

Nice hats!!!! I'm sure it is cotton too... in Polish it is bawelna... which is pretty close :)

Cheers, your sock knitter...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21 November, 2006 12:04  

thanks, sock knitter! yep, that's pretty close!

By Blogger Genevieve, at 21 November, 2006 12:14  

What cute little hats.

By Blogger Nic, at 21 November, 2006 19:05  

thanks, Polly!

By Blogger Genevieve, at 21 November, 2006 23:02  

Post a comment

<< Home